VR Movement and Sound Project
Co3 Australia has partnered with Tura New Music and The Revelation Perth International Film Festival to create a cross-disciplinary project and unique COVID-19 response. 4 choreographers, 4 dancers, 4 composers and 4 VR producers will come together to create 4 Virtual-Reality works that interpret or respond to the unique WA State assets located in the Perth Cultural Centre precinct (The Art Gallery of WA, The State Library, The State theatre Centre, The New Museum)* N.B access to sites are still being negotiated and may change.
By harnessing themes of isolation and with each participant working in isolation, the project is designed to initiate creative employment opportunities between sectors and explore new technologies and new approaches to those technologies.
The project will be site specific and divided into four 4 minute movement pieces. Whether it be through the interpretation of the architecture, a response to the collection, or the exploration of the history, each work will bring specific sites to life.
As part of the Pathway Program, Co3 Australia is seeking EOI’s from independent WA choreographers to work with a Co3 dancer, a composer and a VR producer to create one of the 4 minute site-specific work produced in Virtual Reality.
Filming will take place during October and the final works must be complete by November.
- 4 choreographers will be allocated a specific location within the Perth Cultural Centre, producing 4 separate works.
- Each production will be overseen by a single production manager and technically supervised.
- Co3 AD Raewyn Hill will create the dancer/ choreographer pairing
- You will be paid a fee of $5000
- Co3 will cover the cost of the dancer for 2 weeks full time
- Co3 will provide the studio space for you to work in with the dancer
- In 500 words (or less) describe your response to one of the proposed sites and how you see your work being translated into a Virtual Reality Experience.
Submit your expression of interest in the project to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 19 July.