From Here, Together (2022) by Emma Fishwick. Photo by Chris Symes.
IN.RESIDENCE allows Perth’s leading independent choreographic voices the space for reflection, reinvention, and presentation. The initiative is founded on the Company’s philosophy of facilitating opportunities for our artists, enriching artistic practice and relieving associated pressures in the pursuit of creating and presenting new work.
IN.RESIDENCE supports the final development and presentation of work in Co3's annual artistic program. All submissions will be assessed by the Artistic Programming Panel and an invitation extended to the successful recipient by Co3 Artistic Director, Raewyn Hill.
Successful Applicants will receive:
- A financial contribution of $40,000 for salaries, production and creative development.
- A $10,000 contribution towards studio and venue hire, production / stage management, and documentation.
- Choreographic mentoring and professional development support from Co3 Artistic Director, Raewyn Hill.
- Business management support from Executive Director, Alana Culverhouse.
- In-kind administration, marketing, ticketing and events support from Co3 team.
IN.RESIDENCE is curated by the Artistic Director in consultation with the Artistic Advisory Panel. Expressions of interest for IN.RESIDENCE are available by invitation only.
- Applicants and performers must be WA residents
- Applicants and performers must be available for a full week of technical rehearsals and performances.
- Applicants are encouraged to participate IN.STUDIO and IN.HOUSE programs.
The 2023 IN.RESIDENCE recipient is Chrissie Parrott AO with 'Façade'.
The 2022 IN.RESIDENCE recipient was Emma Fishwick with 'From Here, Together'.
The 2021 inaugural IN.RESIDENCE recipient was Mitch Harvey with 'MindCon'.
IN.RESIDENCE IS GRATEFULLY SUPPORTED BY WRIGHT BURT FOUNDATION.