The IN.RESIDENCE program allows Perth’s leading independent choreographic voices the space for reflection, reinvention, and presentation. The initiative is founded on the Company’s philosophy of facilitating opportunities for our artists, enriching artistic practice and relieving associated pressures in the pursuit of creating and presenting new work.
IN.RESIDENCE supports the final development and presentation of work in Co3's annual artistic program. All submissions will be assessed by the artistic programming panel and an invitation extended to the successful recipient by the Artistic Director.
Over the next three years, with the generous support of the Wright Burt Foundation, each recipient will receive:
- A financial contribution of $40,000 for salaries, production and creative development.
- A contribution towards studio and venue hire, production / stage management, and documentation.
- Choreographic mentoring and professional development support from Artistic Director, Raewyn Hill.
- Studio administration and direction from Artistic Associate, Alice Kell.
- Business management support from Executive Director, Alana Culverhouse.
- In-kind administration, marketing, ticketing and events support from Co3 team.
- Applicants are encouraged to participate IN.STUDIO and IN.HOUSE programs.
- Applicants and performers must be Western Australian residents.
IN.RESIDENCE is curated by the Artistic Director in consultation with the Artistic Programming Panel. Expressions of interest for IN.RESIDENCE are available by invitation only.
The 2021 inaugural recipient was Mitch Harvey.