WELCOME TO THE CHAIN PROJECT - A CO3 DIGITAL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVE
This initiative is accessible online to people in all regions across Western Australia, and beyond.
It poses one key question or provocation -
What do we say to ourselves,
so we can overcome and endure?
You are invited to watch a series of moving images devised by Co3 Artistic Director, Raewyn Hill with video artist Elham Eshraghian-Haakansson titled ‘in search of the Nightingale’.
After contemplating the visuals and the themes of hope and endurance you will be prompted to share your thoughts. First by selecting a star in the constellation (where a statement from another community member has already been recorded) and then by entering your personal written response.
Your words will contribute to the formation of ideas around endurance that will be explored and embedded in our next mainstage dance work, ARCHITECT OF THE INVISIBLE devised and directed by Raewyn Hill, set to premiere in October at State Theatre Centre of WA.
This project runs for 6 months from May until October 2023. A display of light projections with your contribution will be mapped into a series of constellations at WA Museum, Boola Bardip in the lead up to and during the performance season.
THE CHAIN PROJECT
Calling all community groups!
If you and/ or your community group would like to engage with this project, please contact Project Coordinator Gabriella Filippi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all teachers and educators!
If you are a teacher and would like your school or classroom to engage with this project, check out CONNECT 2023: THE CHAIN PROJECT presented by Act Belong Commit, where Co3 teaching artists can come to your school with related workshops and residencies that align with curriculum.
video production credits
- Concept: Raewyn Hill and Elham Eshraghian-Haakansson
- Movement & Image Choreography: Raewyn Hill
- Video Artist/ Film Director; Elham Eshraghian-Haakansson
- Assistant Director: Asha Kiani
- Director of Photography: Elliott Nieves
- Camera Assist: David Atwell
- VFX Design: Jarrad Russell
- Runners: Christian Haakansson, Eckart Haakansson
- Paramedic: Arjang Pirmorady
- Safety RMS Manager: Graeme Richards
- Co3 Dancers: Francesca Fenton, Storm Helmore, Alex Kay, Alice Kell, Ella-Rose Trew and Ian Wilkes
- Co3 Support: David Mack
- Co3 Photographer: Mitchell Aldridge
Co3 Contemporary Dance is grateful for the support of the following partners.