IN HOUSE annually gives the opportunity for five independent WA dance makers to explore concepts for choreographic work. It is an initiative to support the development of work which can be considered for our IN RESIDENCE program.
At the completion of the week, you will present your work in a studio showing hosted by Co3, at our performance home State Theatre Centre WA.
IN HOUSE supports the beginning ideas of work.
Makers are encouraged to work with Co3 Artistic Director Raewyn Hill to reflect on, expand and interrogate their current practice.
Successful Applicants will receive:
- A fee of $2,000.
The fee could cover their choreographer fee, any performer fees (development and performance), composer fee/ APRA, costumes and props.
- Co3 support with 40 hours of studio space for creative development
Plus, venue hire for production week and season, in-kind marketing support, PM/SM fees during season, mentorship from Co3 Artistic Director / Artistic Associate as required.
- A studio showing opportunity at Co3’s performance home at State Theatre Centre WA.
How the $2k is spent is at the discretion of the choreographer and should factor in what they personally want to achieve with the IN HOUSE opportunity. It is not expected that the showing will be a polished work, rather an informal studio showing of small works alongside other recipients.
- Applicants and performers must be Western Australian residents.
- Applicants and performers must be available for a full week of technical rehearsals and performances between 30 August and 4 September 2021.
- Development begins in August 2021 (subject to studio availability).
- Production Week begins Monday 30 August 2021
- Short Dance Studio Season from Thursday 2 September – Saturday 4 September 2021.
- Submit an EOI in 500 words (or less) including:
- Describing your choreographic idea.
- The performers involved.
- Composer / Music elements
In addition, please submit a short biography of your dance/choreographic journey to date and a recent headshot with your EOI submission.
To submit your expression of interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘EOI IN HOUSE’ in the subject by Friday 9 July 2021.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 16 July 2021. (Note: this program has now closed for 2021)
IN HOUSE also provides choreographic opportunities with a public outcome by partnering with other high-calibre companies. These opportunities are an extension of the IN HOUSE pathway and EOI’s will be requested as and when they arise.